The Evolution of Video Game Controllers
Created by Pop Chart Lab
Prints available here
Definitely applies to me
Source: Ars Technica
I have noticed, however, that in spite of the fact that in videogames I am generally better looking, better armed and can often somehow jump a second time when I’m already in midair, there are some clear parallels between how I play videogames and how I play this life we call real.
The USB controller for angry birds replicates the feeling of using a real slingshot by simulating all the controls found in the game.
Average US gamer is 30 years old.
Also interesting to see that there’s more gamers aged 36 or over than there are under 18 years old.
The statistics come from the Entertainment Software Association, which conducts one of the most comprehensive surveys of the US video game market. Also released figures include:
- Consumers spent $24.75 billion on video games, hardware and accessories in 2011.
- The average game player is 30 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
- Forty-seven percent of all game players are women.
- Thirty-three percent of gamers play games on their smartphones
- 25 percent play games on their handheld device.
Neuroscience may cure video-games industry’s obsession with guns! Leading developer, Chris Stevens, tells Edge magazine that neuroscience researchers will soon find “non-violent triggers to mimic the rush of pleasure gamers feel when firing guns”.
YO VIDEOGAMES!! Drawn by Ry-Spirit
Page 1 of 2